Saturday, December 24, 2011

Reflection

So, this is Christmas...isn't that how the song starts?  That's how I'm feeling a bit this morning.  Trying to look at things in a positive light but just feeling a little frustrated.  Even blogging about how I'm feeling doesn't seem quite right because someone might read it and get offended or hurt.  But, seriously, I just want to write. 

Last night's run was so needed, so completely necessary, that it was like a balloon deflating.  I've been carrying so much worry and anxiety over everything but running gives you that place where all of that is gone, even if it is temporary.  I love my life.  I love my kids. I love my family.  I love my job.  And I could go on and on.  But loving something does not mean it is without frustration.  Luckily, not all are frustrating at once!!!  I am so beyond blessed.  I truly am.  And I know that without a shadow of doubt in my mind.   My life is a great life.  Holidays just seem to bring out the chaos side of life.  Trying to coordinate this with that or that with this.  Ugh.  Makes me want to scream sometimes!!  Maybe I should do that, it might help.  But, running 12 miles last night helped a lot.  I was clearer, more focused and ready to tackle life again.  I have no idea what the plan is for the next few days but I know that I'm not going to stress.  Seriously.  I'm going to enjoy my life for whatever it is for the next 48 hours because I had a chance to reflect on what Christmas really is supposed to be.  

Christmas is a beautiful holiday because it is a celebration of the love that God had for us.  Thinking of the holiday in that light makes me think differently and softens my view.  People in life will frustrate you, disappoint you, anger you, and even make you sad but if that's all you can see, it's a pretty hopeless view.  People also will love you, comfort you, care for you and bring joy and happiness to your life.  And that's the more important things to remember when you're recounting all that's been done to you.  Focus on the positive and the good, and it will make you happier.  I often wonder what God must think of us when he looks around and sees us scurrying about, in honor of his son's birth, making ourselves crazy.  Does he feel honored in all that we do?  Or is he an after thought to what we do?  I look at my own actions in that light and am ashamed.  I need to remember more clearly that He is the reason for Christmas.  Nothing else really matters.  The gifts, the gatherings, the decorations are all for our own enjoyment.  Even if we had none of these things, we are still beyond blessed with God's blessings.  I hope you all have a blessed holiday.

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6


Merry Christmas, Everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © The Journey of Me