Friday, December 16, 2011

Friday wrap up

So, I posted my training plan and I am pretty excited to report that I stuck to it the whole week!  It felt great to make that commitment to myself and really keep it up.  And, truth be told, I think I may have taken it easy on myself.  Next week I will definitely work harder...and the week after that I am hoping to get some serious biking and running in because I am off work and will have all day to do it!  Yay for sunshine.  Now, of course, it will snow.  A lot.  I'm sorry.  But I'll hope anyway...and then when January gets here it is full-on marathon training with as many bike trainer miles as I can pack in on the cross training days.  Whew! 

Here's the plan for next week...
Saturday - 10k race local - supposed to be a hilly one
Sunday - bike or trail run
Monday - resting again, some light training if anything.  I like Monday as a rest day. 
Tuesday - 4-5 miles.  Darkness won't stop me...and if it does, I will use the treadmill like last Tuesday. :-(
Wednesday - Bike trainer 10 miles or more
Thursday - I might take a rest day since I am hoping for a long run Friday.  Or maybe a bike night again.
Friday - off work so maybe a nice long run on my favorite road loop - 8-9 miles at least, hopefully closer to 10.

So, there's the plan.  I hope it's another great week for it.  I've also been closely monitoring my food this week, trying to make sure I'm cutting out as much sugar/processed crap as possible.  It seems the busier we get the more likely we are to eat it and I needed a reminder of what I was eating to really refocus.  Not really worried so much about calories as I am worried about what kind of calories they are.  I want to be sure my body is adequately nourished for all that I expect out of it.  Tracking food intake is an easy way to get control of that again. 

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend ahead of them!  Hope you get a chance to go play outside awhile!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © The Journey of Me