Wednesday, March 21, 2012

People

What a title.  I'm in one of those reflection type of moods again.  Just thinking on relationships.  I mean, what makes the difference between a good friend who you just share everything with instantly and someone who drifts in and out of your life like a feather on the wind?  Is it interests, shared hobbies or just a connection that ties you together.  And why do we grow apart from some friends?  But, yet, there are some people who are so much a part of you that you would swear you share DNA with them.

I look around at my friends and the people I share my life with and I'm happy.  I'm blessed to have wonderful people in my life for the most part but there are still friendships I miss that have long gone the way of the "just grew apart" variety, friends that I love dearly but never can find the time to see and there are some people in my life that I don't even know what category they fall into.  So, I remind myself that good friends are really the blessings in our lives even when we're too busy to keep in touch, or we go months without seeing because those are still the people that in a crisis moment, you can always call and they're there.  No questions asked. 

I don't know if you've ever heard the Tracy Lawrence song, "Find Out Who Your Friends Are" but it's a great song for how I'm feeling tonight.

"Everybody wants to slap your back
wants to shake your hand
when you're up on top of that mountain
But let one of those rocks give way then you slide back down look up
and see who's around then"

I want to be one of those friends to the people in my life.  Not looking at what impact it has on my life, but instead looking at what kind of impact it could be making on theirs.  Life is busy, crazy, never ending, whatever you want to call it but there should always be a moment to be given to a friend, no matter their need.  It's what makes us feel connected to the world around us.

I don't know what the purpose is of every person in my life, but I know that God has placed them there for a reason.  I just have to be thankful for every opportunity to be a part of his plan.  Thank you, my friends :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © The Journey of Me